Benefits of the PST
• Most patients see the results same day or near immediate results.
• Likewise, recovery from the surgery is very fast, usually no more than one day.
• Because the PST requires no cuts or stitches, discomfort during recovery is far less.
• Dr. Beirute-Prada uses no scalpels or cuts during the procedure.
• The PST does not require that tissue be taken from other parts of the mouth.
• The restored tissue is natural looking.
• The results are long lasting.
What is the Pinhole Technique?
The Pinhole Surgical Technique is a modern approach to tissue grafting to restore receding gums. Unlike traditional tissue grafts, PST requires no cuts, no stitches and no tissue from your palate to address the gum recession (typically, conventional gum grafting requires that a periodontist remove tissue from the palate to replace the lost gum tissue). In most cases, the procedure takes less than 1 hour, and because it is minimally invasive, patients are able to resume their normal routines faster than with conventional gum grafting.
Using the PST, Dr. Beirute-Prada creates a tiny access in the area close to the receding gums and then uses specialized instruments to gently expand the gum tissue. The loosened gum tissue can easily expand to cover the exposed root structure.
If you take good care of your gums after undergoing this procedure, and follow-up with Dr. Beirute-Prada as recommended, the results of the Pinhole Surgical Technique can be long-lasting.
Advanced periodontal disease that results in the loss of gum tissue is a serious condition and it must be treated effectively to protect your oral health. If receding gums are detracting from your smile and leading to other issues like tooth sensitivity or decay below the gumline, consider the PST as an option for treatment without an invasive procedure.
Contact us at Lakeside Dental Solutions (Dallas / Rockwall area) by calling call (972)412-0014 TODAY! Don’t wait to learn more and schedule for a consultation with our expert team and learn more about this treatment for your receding gum.